Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jimenez unhappy at Inter

Inter midfielder Luis Jimenez admits he is eager to leave the club at the end of the season.

The Chilean midfielder is frustrated by the lack of first-team opportunities with the Nerazzurri.

“I asked to leave in the winter - I had several offers and big clubs came forward,” Jimenez lamented in La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“However, Inter said that they needed me and a transfer was out of the question. I was amazed and the situation has deteriorated still further since then.

“I can’t come to terms with what is happening and I can’t see a good reason for it.

“I feel good and I even discussed things with Jose Mourinho recently and that left me optimistic, but I obviously misunderstood what he was saying.

“I thought I would be brought back into the team, but I wasn’t even in the Coppa Italia squad.

“Sometimes I feel like a ghost in training and I don’t want to spend another season like this.”