Saturday, March 7, 2009

Mourinho dismisses exit talk

Inter Milan coach Jose Mourinho has rubbished rumours that he could leave the San Siro at the end of the season, according to Sky Sports.

Reports in Italy suggest that the Portuguese manager could face the axe should he fail to secure the UEFA Champions League, after many believe previous manager Roberto Mancini suffered a similiar fate from owner Massimo Moratti despite winning three Scudetti titles in a row.

On top of this the outspoken former Chelsea manager has come under fire from the Italian press this week for verbal attacks on referees and rivals, but Mourinho insists he has no plans to leave in the summer.

Mourinho said :

“In football you never know. You could stay two, three, four, five years, it depends on everything,”

“At the end of the season I will leave Italy to go on holiday in Africa where I will do charity work with children. But I’m certainly not working so that another coach can come in.”

“Am I fed up with Italian football? No, the only adjective I would use to explain how I feel right now is not angry but proud, proud of myself,” he said.

“I’m neither angry nor tense, that’s your feeling. I like to change, sometimes I change my hairstyle. Once I cut it all off, now I’m letting it grow out. Once I turned up with a long beard. But right now I’m absolutely perfect. I like to change but I’m not angry.”